Malachi's Homepage -> Malachi's Origami Page -> Business Card Origami -> Square Cuboctahedra Unit Instructions
Square Cuboctahedra Unit Instructions
- First, fold one short side to the long side, bisecting the angle.
- Next, unfold and fold the same folds in the opposite direction.
- Then, create something that resembles the water bomb base. This actually adds two extra folds, but I didn't feel like taking pictures of them.
- This is the completed module.
- Assembly revolves around putting the small triangular ends behind the square faces.
It is a little tricky to get the last one in place, but if it is done carefully, the model is very stable. One Cuboctahedron takes six modules. It is possible to center the square face on the card, but that is more difficult and does not provide any major advantages.
To the best of my knowldege, the only use for this unit is a six card cuboctahedra.
Back to Malachi's Crummy Business Card Origami Page
Malachi B-J Brown firstname.lastname@example.org